Bronco-Tini. Yes! The celebratory drink for the Bronco’s win against the Patriots! 2014 AFC Champs!
Denver is on a roll and the win on Sunday was just what our city needed. Payton and CO. were amazing and they just outplayed the Patriot’s! No one could blame it on bad weather because it was a perfect day. Sixty degrees and not a cloud in the sky. It’s like Florida now. I think I just got a little sun burn after a morning tennis match outside, in shorts by the way…
So over the next couple of weeks, instead of Football Fest food, I’ll be making ideas for SUPER BOWL party food. Might as well start off with a Bronco-Tini! We will need to start drinking these now to calm our nerves over the next two weeks. Denverites are bleeding blue and orange, it might as well be blue and orange Bronco-Tini’s! Yum, light, refreshing a little tropical and a perfect drink for showing of our favorite colors!
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (1 orange)
- 1 oz Orange flavored vodka (I used Skky, blood orange)
- 1 oz Coconut flavored vodka (I used Ciroc coconut)
- blue colored turbinato sugar. (See notes below)
- In a martini glass or any other glass you like. Moisten the rim with orange juice, and dip in sugar to make a nice rim around the glass.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add orange juice and both vodka’s. Shake well.
- Pour dink into rimmed glass, making sure a little sugar gets in the drink.
Making colored sugar is easy! Fill a shallow bowl or small plate with 1/4 cup turbinado natural cane sugar. Add a few squirts of blue food coloring and mix until well incorporated.
Enjoy the Bronco-Tini’s and GO BRONCO’s!!!!