Asian Chicken Shiitake Mushroom Burgers
Asian Chicken Shiitake Mushroom Burgers are a delicious take alternative to your same old boring chicken burger! Perfect on the grill any night of the week!
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3.5-4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions white and green parts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons tamari sauce soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
In a medium-sized saute pan, heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the mushrooms, ginger, and garlic and saute until the mushrooms become soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large bowl add all the ingredients. With clean hands get in and mix until everything is evenly incorporated.
Make a tiny "test" burger for flavor adjustments. Heat up a small pan and place a tiny burger. Cook on both sides until it's cooked through. Taste and see if you need to adjust the seasoning.
Cover the burger mix with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready make burgers. An hour or so is good.
Form the chicken mix into 4-6 burger patties and place on a hot grill. Grill each side for 5-7 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
Serve with toasted hamburger buns or inside romaine lettuce cups.
Terrific with sriracha mayonnaise or regular mayo!