Pasta with Peppers was a quick and easy dinner to pull together after a lovely weekend away in Fairplay, Colorado.
Fairplay, Colorado is one of those magical places in Colorado, that when you reach the top of Hoosier Pass and drive West in the valley you can actually imagine being a pioneer and seeing such a massive place to set your roots. Fairplay is high, 10,000 feet so the air is cool and the sky is really blue. I love visiting my lifelong friends there and staying on their ranch. (More later on another post). It’s also about 45 minutes South of Breckenridge, so you can kinda get your bearings if you know Colorado at all. In fact a lot of the “locals” from Summit County, call Fairplay home and make the trek over the pass to work!
I mentioned that the air is cool there, well it’s really hot in Denver, so I’m not in the mood for anything big for dinner, and well, it is “meatless” Monday after all!
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 peppers sliced (I used red, orange and yellow)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound pasta
- reserved pasta water
- 2 tbs minced parsley
- 1/2 tsp chili flake (optional)
- In a large skillet heat up olive oil and add garlic and cook for 1 minute
- Add peppers and cook until they become soft. Add salt and pepper and chili flakes if using.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain but save 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Add pasta to peppers and stir in 1/4 c Parmesan cheese. Add pasta water and stir in parsley.
- Serve with extra Parmesan and enjoy!
Simply Sweet Justice says
This looks so simple and flavorful! Thanks for sharing!
Simple and delicious is a difficult combo to beat.
Lea Ann (Cooking On The Ranch) says
I love easy seasonal dishes like this. And bravo for you using that reserved pasta water. I mentioned doing that to a fellow food blogger and she thought I was crazy. My mom taught me that trick years and years ago. Hope you took lots of good photos in Fairplay.