Hey! Guess what? It’s TACO TUESDAY my friends. I love taco Tuesday! I love Mexican food, especially the simple and fresh kind that you eat when you are in Mexico, not the Americanized junk that is doused in cheese and over-sauced that we are all so used too. Grilled Chipotle Shrimp Tacos are traditional and definitely up my alley. Super flavorful and healthy.
Last week my brother was in town on business, he stopped in for dinner and we grilled up Chipotle marinated jumbo shrimps and veges for dinner. So amazingly delicious and so easy to make. While we were catching up and having a glass or two of wine, we marinated the shrimp and prepped the veges. Since shrimp doesn’t need long to marinate or cook for that matter, we grilled all the things from my garden first and then at the last minute put the shrimp on the grill. We assembled our tacos with shredded cabbage and a simple salsa of tomatoes, garlic, red onion, lime juice and cilantro. Perfect balance with the spicy shrimps. I think for my next party, I’ll be making these again. So easy to prepare and fun for people to make their tacos to their liking. Who doesn’t like easy? Give it a try!
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- juice and rind from 1 lime
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 tbs honey
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- 1 tbs fresh cilantro, finely minced
- pinch of both salt and pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, add the lime rind and juice, chipolte peppers in adobo, garlic, honey, cumin, corriander, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add shrimp and mix around to coat well.
- Let marinate for ½ hour.
- Heat the grill to a high heat and grill shrimp for about five minutes, turning once. I put some extra marinade when I turned the shrimp.
- Serve in a taco, a salad, in a burrito or however you like it!
On another note, this past weekend we to the Denver Botanic Gardens to the Chihuly exhibit. If the Denver Botanic gardens aren’t amazing enough already, when the hand blown glass is adorning all the gardens, it’s simply spactular. Chihuly is a world renowned developer of hand blown glass and showcasing it as fine art. His exhibits can be found around all over the world and Denver is lucky enough to have his masterpieces in our city through November. If you are looking for something to do, this is a MUST! I plan on going back at night when they light up all the sculptures. That will be something special for sure! Check it out, you will be pleasantly surprised!