Just a quick post on this Memorial day weekend because I know y’all are busy enjoying the long weekend! I’m gonna try but the life of a Realtor in Denver is keeping me glued to my desk, well at least until early afternoon. Get this… This is how nuts our real estate market is. I am working with some clients who need to live in the south Denver area. Awesome schools, great location etc. but with inventory so low and so many people moving in homes under $400K are really hard to come by. That being said, listings are receiving multiple offers and homes are selling for $25k-$40k over asking price, buyer’s are waiving the appraisal condition and some even waiving the inspection (stupid)! We have seen probably forty homes in the past couple of weeks and written two offers that didn’t go through (even though they were awesome offers). So today’s plan is to write up and submit three separate offers and hope that one of them will stick! Keep your fingers crossed for us! My guys really need a new home home! We will get it done because we are very tenacious!
Who doesn’t love a great cheeseburger? Unless you are a vegetarian, my guess not too many people! Ha! This weekend in preparation for tonight’s BBQ with friends, I decided on a bacon cheeseburger. Sriracha honey bacon cheeseburgers to be exact! I love to cook my bacon on the Traeger (or you can do in the oven) and glaze it with yummy goodness. Sriracha is spicy but it mellows out nicely with some added honey and makes the bacon a little sticky. It’s kinda like candy in my book! Perfect on top of a big cheeseburger cooked on the grill. Even better, baste the burgers with a little extra Sriracha honey sauce for that little extra unexpected kick and you will be thanking me later! Give this recipe a try! I can’t wait to dig into round two tonight, I’ll just need to make more bacon…
Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend and remember to give thanks to all our service men and woman who have given their lives to protect our freedoms for us to live in this great country!
- 2 pounds 80/20 ground hamburger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 pound thick cut bacon
- 1/2 cup Sriracha sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated (or 1/2 tsp ginger powder)
- Cheddar cheese slices (or whatever you like)
- Hamburger rolls
- In a large bowl, combine the hamburger with 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of pepper. Form 6-8 patties form the meat depending on how big that you want them. Place on a plate and refrigerate until ready to grill.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the Sriracha, honey, garlic, pepper and ginger until well incorporated.
- Either set the oven or the grill to 350 degrees. Place a cookie drying rack or use your broiler pan (you need to have something to cook the bacon on so that the fat drains off) on top of a large baking sheet. If you using a Traeger, place the bacon directly on the grill grates. Put the bacon on the rack lined cookie sheet and bake (or grill) for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes or so baste the bacon with the Sriracha glaze. Flip the bacon over and baste the other side. Cook for 10 minutes more and check to see how the bacon is cooking and what level of temperature that you want. Bacon either in the oven or the grill should not take more than 30 minutes total. Remove from oven or grill and baste one more time with the glaze. Set aside.
- Turn your grill up to 450 degrees or a high heat. Place the burgers on the grill and grill for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes baste the burgers with the glaze and flip your burgers. Cook for another 5 minutes and add the cheese on top of the burgers. Cook until the cheese melts about another 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, place the cheeseburger on top of a hamburger roll (I used a Brioche bun, lightly grilled with butter), put a couple of strips of bacon per burger and top with Sriracha mayo or other condiments that you like.
Karen (Back Road Journal) says
Sriracha is my husband’s go to sauce of late so I know he would be crazy about your burger. I hope you get an offer that is accepted today…it must be very frustrating for the couple looking for a new home. Good luck!
Karen (Back Road Journal) recently posted…A Blogger’s Anniversary
Thanks Karen! Sriracha is great with bacon for sure! We will know by Weds if our plan works! 🙂
Lea Ann (Cooking On The Ranch) says
Bacon and Sriracha? ohmy sounds so wonderful. Yay for grilling season.
Lea Ann (Cooking On The Ranch) recently posted…Cucina Bean Salad
I know right! It’s a happy time of year!