I hope everyone had a great Christmas with family and friends! I spent last weekend in New Jersey and New York City for a fun-filled weekend with my parents and brother’s family! We had a great time together, eating deliciously prepared food, watching holiday movies, playing hysterical games, a family tennis match (we are all way too competitive, lol), baking and decorating cookies, numerous hot tubs, and of course a trip in NYC. I will say that this was the first time that I have visited NYC for Christmas that the city was essentially a ghost town! The freezing, rainy day kept people away! It was fun to see the tree at Rockafeller without it being a mob scene! We also got to go see the Rockettes perform at Radio City Music Hall and had an outstanding lunch with my aunt, cousin, her husband, and new baby at Marc Murphy’s Landmarc restaurant in Columbus Square! Honestly, one of the best meals that I have had at a restaurant in ions! We packed in a ton of activities in a short 4 days! I’m just happy that we left before the deep freeze that moved in this week!
A couple of months ago, I was contacted by JSLFoods to come up with a soup recipe for their Fortune Brand Udon noodles recipe contest! They were kind enough to pass on some bags of their fresh udon noodles in various flavors to try out. Well, after trying them, I have now found a new favorite go-to food. Fortunately, the Fortune Brand is available at Safeway, Albertson’s, Shaws, Star Markets, Tom Thumb, and Target stores.
As some of you know, I am a soup fanatic so coming up with an original recipe using the udon noodles was kind of a no-brainer for me! I love Asian flavors and always have the ingredients on hand in my pantry. I came up with Thai Chicken Udon Noodle Soup as green curry and coconut milk are perfect accompaniments for a rich and hearty bowl of noodle soup! I made different variations of this soup over the past couple of months. Try adding some sliced shiitake mushrooms or some baby bok choy instead of the spinach! Anyway, it’s delicious and super easy to make this super flavorful bowl of udon noodle soup!
Have a safe and fun New Years Eve and a joyful and happy 2018!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 12-ounces thinly sliced boneless chicken breasts
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium Tamari or soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 14-ounce lite coconut milk
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 8-ounces fresh spinach
- 2 packages either chicken or original flavored Fortune Brand udon noodles with seasoning packets
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced.
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, add the coconut oil, garlic, and ginger. Saute for about 3 minutes or until the ginger and garlic soften, stirring constantly to avoid browning.
- Add the chicken, jalapeno, fish sauce, tamari, green curry paste, and the seasoning packets included with the noodles. Stir to combine well.
- Pour in the coconut milk and chicken broth. Simmer uncovered over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the udon noodles and the spinach and continue to cook for approximately 3-5 minutes or until the noodles are cooked through and easily separate.
- Serve immediately and top with thinly sliced green onions.
#JSLfoods #Chefyaki #Fortune