You say, Bacon Candy? Why yes. Bacon Candy.
So last Sunday, a few of us Food Bloggers got together for brunch at Yvette’s home. It was a perfect day for that as it was still raining in our already rain soaked state. She was doing a tasting for Godiva Chocolate and needed us all to give our opinions! Tough job, we got to taste these wonderful Godiva Truffles. I think my favorite was the Vanilla Filled one. Loved it!
So not that we sat down and ate chocolates all morning, we all made something to share. I brought a zucchini frittata and my version of Bacon Candy. Bacon candy is bacon that is baked in the oven coated with brown sugar and spices. Seriously amazing morsels of deliciousness.
So if Bacon Candy for brunch wasn’t enough for one day, I was having neighbors over to watch the Bronco’s brutalize the Giant’s and thought it was an easy way to feed them. My neighbors enjoyed Bacon Candy BLT’s. As much as I love bacon, it would have been total overload to have it twice in one day and the “too much” bacon guilt would have consumed me! The spices on the bacon give a totally different twist to the already iconic American sandwich.
Make some this weekend, you won’t be disappointed!
- 16 oz Thick cut bacon
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- a couple of dashes of Cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a 12×17 baking pan with tin foil (for easier clean up)
- Place cookie drying racks in pan.
- Line racks with bacon.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, garlic, cumin, coriander, dry mustard and Cayenne.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture liberally over bacon.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until bacon is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from oven, pat bacon to remove excess grease and let sit for a few minuets to cool a set up.