Here is another recipe inspired by a friends Grandma! Who doesn’t like a peach pie right? Well. it’s one of my favorite and it’s peach season in Colorado! Georgia isn’t the only state the produces amazing peaches, it’s really Colorado’s hidden secret! They are grown on the Western Slope and mainly come from the town of Palisade. It’s really like Christmas in August and September when the peaches arrive! One thing that I think is cool is that there are many charities in Colorado that sell the peaches for fundraisers. I buy mine from a local high school to support the athletics department. It’s really a win win all around. I love that. Anyway, after making my friends pie, I needed to make a few adjustments and thought why not add a little schnapps and make it a “Drunken” Peaches and Cream Pie! Funny but the schnapps just adds a little more flavor to this already to die for pie! There is cream in it folks. OMG! Give it a try, it’s definitely a winner in my book.
Super short post this week. Dealing with some stuff here. Have a great week friends! 🙂
- 7 medium sized peaches, sliced (see pic below for peach size reference)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 4 tbs flour
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup peach schnapps
- prepared pie crust, 2 layers
- 2 tbs melted butter
- sugar for sprinkling on the top.
- In a large bowl, add the peaches, sugar, cinnamon, salt, flour, cream and schnapps. Stir to combine well.
- Using a 9 inch pie plate, place the first layer of the pie shell and prick the bottom with a fork. Add the peach pie filling and cover with the second pie shell making sure to crimp the edges well. Gently cut four vent holes in the top. Brush pie with melted butter and sprinkle sugar evenly on top.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes then lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Let the pie cool completely before serving.
Leave a Reply