Merry Christmas everyone! Just a super quick post before I head up to Evergreen to begin the Christmas celebration with my family, friends, and all the dogs! This past week has been super fun, like seven straight nights of parties fun! I’m kind of exhausted from all the late nights but I do love this time of year and seeing so many friends. Anyway, for two of the parties that I went to I made these Sundried Tomato & Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms. I love stuffed mushrooms and anything with sausage in it makes it all that much better! I thought adding sundried tomatoes and spinach to sausage would make it that more festive! It kind of worked and the combination of all the flavors really work well together! It’s not too late to pick up the ingredients for this yummy appetizer. I’ll be making it again tomorrow for our afternoon gathering of friends. I’m so excited to see everyone! Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that your holiday is a lovely day filled with much joy and love!
Other Stuffed Mushroom Recipes
- 1 pound mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage
- 1/4 cup onions, diced small
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbs brandy
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- pinch of salt and pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- In a medium-sized saute pan, cook the sausage and crumble with the spatula. Remove the sausage and set it aside.
- In the same pan, add the onions, garlic, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and red pepper flake. Cook until the onions become translucent. Add the spinach, brandy, and the sausage and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in the cheese.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the mixture and place them in a baking dish. Drizzle olive oil evenly over the mushrooms and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy