Well heck! Sorry it’s been a couple of weeks since I have posted! It’s been really hectic in my little world. Beginning with the biggest hail storm that I have ever witnessed in my life! In Colorado we are used to hail storms. Usually those little pea size ones though, not the marble to quarter sized ones that came down for almost forty minutes! Some parts of my town got baseball sized hail! I can honestly say that I have never felt so helpless. I sat out on my front porch and watched as the hail killed my gorgeous garden. There was nothing that I could do but watch with a glass of wine and cry… So after two full days of clean up and another $200 for new plants for my boxes and the vegetable garden, I got it so it’s at least sorta pretty. I hope that the perennials survive but this ninety degree weather isn’t helping any! At least it’s still early enough in the season for the vegetables to do their thing! Ugh. After all the crap with the yard, I was more than happy to get out of town last weekend to play in a tennis tournament. That was a ton of fun hanging in Vail but I had to cut my weekend short and rush home because I had a friend stay with me who is moving here from Chicago. We spent two days up in Boulder County looking at homes. A lot of homes, but we thankfully found a great one! The biggest news though…. I got a new dog! Little Tommy came across my Facebook page last Monday and I knew that I had to meet him. My friend was fostering him so it was easy to set up a time to meet! It’s so odd how things show up exactly when you need them! I wasn’t looking for a dog , especially a little nugget of a dog, but here he is and the best thing to land in my lap! (Literally, lap dog)! The best news is that my old dog Charlie loves him too and is acting like a puppy again. I am so thrilled him and that his last years of his life will be so great for him!
Well tomorrow is Father’s Day and our forty year tradition of sitting on the couch watching the US Open on TV isn’t going to happen this year! I’m sad about it but happy for my Dad because he is on a golfing trip with his buddies! Good for him and I’m sure he will miss the blueberry pie that I always make and these Ribeye Steaks with Boursin Brandy Butter! I’m not sure why I have been on such a beef kick lately but It’s kinda awesome! When my friend was in town he wanted to take me to a nice steak house for dinner but I was kinda pooped from driving so much and it was easier to put some steaks on the grill- this is what came out with dinner! I’d say it’s better than Del Frisco’s any day! Bearnaise sauce is for amateurs, Boursin Brandy Butter is where it’s at! Dad, I promise I’ll make this for a belated Father’s day when you get home! 🙂
- 2 pounds of rib eye steaks (or whatever is your favorite steak)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 2.5 oz container of Garlic Herb Boursin cheese
- 2 tbs brandy
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbs fresh chives, chopped fine
- Prepare your steaks by coating with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Set aside and bring up to room temperature.
- To make the compound butter. In a medium sized bowl add the softened butter, boursin cheese, brandy, pepper and chives. I used a fork to combine all the ingredients. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Heat your grill up to a high heat. I set mine to 425 degrees. Place the steaks on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes on one side and then flip the steaks and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Totally depends on how you like your steaks. 5 minutes for a medium rare, longer if you like them more done.
- Remove from grill and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- While the steaks are hot off the grill, top with a big dollop of the butter mixture so that it begins to melt.
- Serve and devour!