Hi All! I hope you are enjoying your Labor Day weekend. I’m still busy “laboring”… Actually after a super busy week showing houses to a great family, we found a wonderful home for them and wrote an offer last night. So now we are in the “sit and wait” period to hear back from the sellers. Thus, me still working and babysitting my computer until we hear something today, hopefully sooner than later so that I can get out for a hike or something! It’s a lovely late summer afternoon here and my dogs are antsy! Fingers crossed for my clients! I hope they get this home.
I got my shipment of peaches this week, that being said, I am knee deep in Colorado Peach heaven. Since I haven’t had time to even step foot in the grocery store this week, I needed to make something that I had all the ingredients on hand and wouldn’t you believe I had everything to make this Fireball Whiskey Peach Bread Pudding. Last weeks Brioche bread from the Croque Senor’s (I cubed and froze the leftover bread), peaches, butter, sugar and Fireball Whiskey which I always have a bottle of! Perfect, an easy dessert to make for a Labor Day barbecue! I love the combination of peaches and cinnamon so the Fireball Whiskey seemed like the perfect accompaniment for this super decadent bread pudding. I brought my test batch over to my buddies at the chili stand yesterday. They loved it, despite the phone call saying “we have a sugar high going on”, to which I said, “you shouldn’t have eaten the whole pan”!
Enjoy your weekend and of course the Fireball Whiskey Peach Bread Pudding!
- [br][b]To Make The Bread Pudding[/b][br]
- 4 tbs butter
- 4 peaches, seeded and diced (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbs Fireball Whiskey
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 6 cups day old bread cubes (I used Brioche but a French or Italian bread would work too)
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs butter, cut into small peices
- [br][b]To make the Fireball Whiskey sauce[/b][br]
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Fireball Whiskey
- In a medium sized dry saute pan, heat up on medium low heat and add the almonds. Keeping an eye on them, toast them until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a another medium sized saute pan, melt 4 tbs of butter, add the brown sugar, peaches, cinnamon, nutmeg and whiskey. Saute for 5 minutes or until peaches become softened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When ready to begin assembling the bread pudding. In a large bowl, add the bread, peach mixture and almonds. Incorporate well. Prepare a 10×14 baking dish by spraying it liberally with cooking spray. Add the bread and peach mixture.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, cream and milk. Pour over the bread mixture and let sit for a half an hour. Top with the 2 tbs of butter pieces evenly on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven. Bake until golden brown, puffed, and slightly firm when pressed in the center, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Set aside for 20 minutes to a half hour before serving.
- While the bread pudding is cooling make the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan on medium heat. Add the sugar, stirring until sugar melts. In another bowl whisk together the cream, cinnamon and eggs. Add the cream mixture to the butter. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and immediately add the Fireball Whiskey. Transfer to a heat proof bowl to keep the sauce warm.
- Serve with the bread pudding.
I love bread pudding! And this one looks like a real treat ♥
So good! I’m craving it again!