I love Fall and what I really love is pumpkin spice anything. So Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are a really good thing.
The funny thing, I’d rather have a root canal than eat pumpkin pie, but the spices that go into a good pie are delicious. So why not put the spices in other goodies. Today it was Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Dang. I could eat the whole batch.
Try making the morsels of goodness. Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies with a cold glass of milk. You won’t be sorry!
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar (I use organic cane sugar, but not necessary)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 2 cups of flour (I use cake flour in all my baking, but all purpose is ok too)
- 2 cups rolled (not instant) oats (I used Coaches Oats, not so processed)
- 1 bag chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream together butter and both sugars until smooth (about 30 seconds) add eggs and mix together on high for one minute until light and fluffy.
- On low, stir in , vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and allspice until well incorporated. Slowly add flour.
- When everything is mixed together nicely, stir in (with a spatula) oats and chocolate chips.
- On a greased cookie sheet, drop a rounded teaspoon ( I use a really small ice cream scoop) 2 inches apart. Cook for 9-11 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on wire racks. I made approximately 54 cookies.