A super quick post before game day tomorrow! Oh my! Denver has been on vacation mode all week. I can’t even begin to tell you how excited that I am for tomorrow but I need to figure out a little conundrum that I got my self in! A few weeks ago (pre Super Bowl knowledge) I signed up for this tennis tournament. No big deal. I play in it every year. So the draws came out on Wednesday this week and get this… I play SUNDAY at 5pm. What? Who the heck schedules a tennis tournament at 5 pm during the Super Bowl. Don’t they understand? Don’t they know that it’s my birthday too and that I need to be sitting on a couch somewhere.. (Ha) When I called yesterday, they said that I was the only one complaining. Seriously? I can’t imagine of the twelve or so people who are playing at 5 tomorrow, that I am the only one who has a problem with the schedule. Whatever… So after my match today, when I find out who I am playing, I’ll keep my fingers crossed and hope that my opponent will want to play early at another tennis center. Heck, I’ll even spring for the court fees. If not, then I’ll have to drop out, which really bugs me! So, keep me in your thoughts and say a little prayer! 🙂
So you know me and my obsession with green chili. Well nothing has changed but I wanted to mix it up a bit and instead of my normal Chicken Green Chili Stew, I decided on a Black and White Green chili instead. Basically chicken and black bean green chili. Oh my gosh this turned out good. This batch is a little spicy in a good way and I so can’t wait to share it with my friends tomorrow. Plus check out the picture below of my fancy new soup pot. I couldn’t resist buying it! Anyway, my “Orange” Chicken Wings are marinating and chili is made and all I have to do now is take a quick power nap, play some tennis and get ready for tomorrow. It’s gonna be a fun birthday!
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ cups green chili, diced
- 1 rotisserie chicken, pulled apart and chopped
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbs cumin
- 3 tbs green chili powder (or substitute red if you can't find green)
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp oregano (Mexican oregano if you have it)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Coat the bottom of a large soup pot with olive oil. Heat up on medium heat and add onions, green chili and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes until the onions become translucent.
- Add the salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, coriander, bay leaves and oregano.
- Stir in the chicken, black beans and chicken broth. Simmer on low heat for an hour or so.
- Add the cilantro and cook for another half hour.